Written by Scott Allen

Don’t Use a Peoria AZ IRS Tax Attorney When You Get a CP-2000 Letter

Peoria AZ IRS Tax Attorney

A CP-2000 letter is an IRS computer generated notice of income not reported on your tax return for that year.  If you agree with the income items, you can agree to the tax assessment on the notice and mail it in.  If some of the items on the CP-2000 notice are items such as stock sales, it is important that you get “credit” against the income by claiming the cost of the stock sale on the IRS notice.  This is an item that can be done by Scott Allen E.A. (Enrolled Agent).   Scott Allen E.A. knows how to respond appropriately and aggressively to CP-2000 notices.  Scott Allen E.A. is available for a free consultation regarding all IRS notices and can give you the best strategy to resolve the IRS dispute.  Call Scott Allen E.A. at 480-926-9300 and schedule your appointment today.  A CP-2000 notice is not an item that requires legal representation from a Peoria AZ IRS tax attorney.

As a local Arizona company Tax Debt Advisors, Inc can represent clients before the IRS in Peoria Arizona and all surrounding cities. Kathryn was a client who hired Scott Allen EA to represent her before the IRS in her CP-2000 case. Because she did not respond timely to the IRS’s initial letter, they went ahead and assesed additional taxes owed and it now needed to be protested. Upon proper preparaton of gathering up the information from the IRS and tax records from Kathryn, Scott was able to package up a response to the IRS and get $7,000 of the taxes owed reduced. You can see that info highlighted below in the IRS letter attached.  Don’t go at the IRS alone or with an expensive Peoria AZ IRS tax attorney. Instead, meet with Scott Allen EA for a consultation if you have late tax returns to file or old taxes owed. You will not regret the visit.

Peoria AZ IRS Tax Attorney

Written by Scott Allen

Do I Need a Peoria IRS Tax Attorney when I have no money to pay the IRS?

Peoria IRS Tax Attorney needed ?

The answer is no.

If you truly cannot pay the IRS any money on a monthly basis you would qualify for a currently non-collectible status (CNC).  Extensive financial proof will need to be submitted to prove that you are truly in a hardship and the situation is not temporary.  It is a relief to not have to make a monthly payment to the IRS but the debt is still there and interest and penalties are being added on a daily basis.  If you qualify for CNC status you should have an IRS professional determine if you can file an Offer in Compromise under the option—Doubt as to Collectability.

If you have assets that can be liquidated, the IRS will require that they be sold and the funds received used towards your IRS debt.  An example would be stocks or bonds.  If you can borrow from your 401k, you will be required to borrow and use those funds to pay down your IRS debt if you choose to do an OIC.

These options are complicated and difficult to explain without having your specific financial information.  Scott Allen E.A. provides a free consultation to discuss what you will need to provide him to help you decide the best way to resolve your tax debt.  Call Scott at 480-926-9300 and he will provide you the solution and peace of mind you are seeking. Instead of panicking and calling a Peoria IRS tax attorney, make the right choice and hire Scott Allen EA (Enrolled Agent) as your IRS power of attorney representative.

Currently Non-Collectible Status negotiated!

Mercedes and her husband were in dire need to an aggressive negotiation with the IRS. They called Scott Allen EA and got that relief. Don’t take our word for it but read the actually approval letter from the IRS below. Six years of IRS debt negotiated into a low $0.00/month payment plan.

Peoria IRS Tax Attorney

Written by Scott Allen

Let Tax Debt Advisors, Inc. respond to your Peoria AZ IRS Tax Audit Letter

IRS Tax Audit Peoria AZ

Responding timely and appropriately to a Peoria AZ IRS Tax Audit Notice is critical to a successful audit.  Beginning with the end in mind allows for consistency from beginning to the end of the audit.  Auditors have a sense when there is a problem or errors on a filed return.  Taxpayers often will respond so poorly to an initial audit that the IRS auditor in Peoria AZ will request other years to be subject to an audit.  Generally when this happens the IRS auditor will expand the areas of the audit or audit the entire return including businesses owned by the taxpayer(s).

It’s just not worth the risk of responding poorly to an IRS audit.  Scott Allen E.A. of Tax Debt Advisors has the expertise to meet with and negotiate on your behalf.  Scott can be reached at 480-926-9300.  Tax Debt Advisors, Inc. has represented taxpayers in audits since 1977.


Written by Scott Allen

Tax Debt Advisors, Inc.—What you need to know about a CP-90 letter?

IRS CP-90 letter Peoria AZ

This letter is telling you that the IRS will begin to levy your assets.  That means your social security benefits, you salary and bank accounts.  The Peoria AZ IRS will also lien your property including your vehicles and your home.  You can stop such action by paying the amount due.  Very few taxpayers have the ability to pay off their tax debt or they would have done it sooner in most cases.  If you cannot pay off the balance due, you need Peoria Arizona professional help.  The IRS will expect you to enter into an Installment Arrangement or making an Offer in Compromise.  Your proposal needs to be within 30 days from the date of the notice.  If you don’t agree with the tax assessment you have the right to file an Appeals Collection Due Process hearing (CDP).   If you tried to contact the IRS and received no response you can contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.

There are a lot of things to consider and understand in this whole process.  Scott Allen E.A. of Tax Debt Advisors, Inc. has the expertise to help you through any IRS problem in Peoria AZ.  At your free initial consultation you will get straight answers.  Call 480-926-9300 to schedule an appointment.



Written by Scott Allen

Scott Allen E.A. will evaluate Penalty Abatement at no charge

Peoria AZ IRS Tax Debt

Be leery of promises to remove IRS penalties from your Peoria AZ IRS tax debt.  Penalties are removed or lowered is when a tax balance is reduced via an amended return or substitute for return and the tax due is less than the original return or SFR filed by the IRS.

Reasons for filing IRS form 843 to request penalty abatement include but are not limited to hospitalization, incarceration, severe depression, or serving in the military outside of the country.  Taxpayers need to show that there was a reasonable cause and not just willful neglect.

Call Scott Allen E.A. near Peoria AZ to get a free consultation to determine if you have penalties that can be abated.  Scott can be reached at 480-926-9300.


Written by Scott Allen

Will the IRS accept payments on my IRS tax debt? From Tax Debt Advisors, Inc.

IRS Tax Debt Payments

If you cannot pay the IRS off in full, you are allowed to make monthly payments called an Installment Arrangement.  I will tell you before any contact is made with the IRS what amount the IRS will accept on a monthly basis.  Approximately 30% of my clients qualify to make NO payment—called a non-collectible status.  Approximately 15% of my clients will discharge their taxes in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy and pay nothing.  Almost 100% of the clients are surprised at the settlements I am able to get representing them before the IRS.  I don’t claim to have any special talent other than knowing the law and following through for you!

Call for a free confidential consultation to see what you qualify for.  I will speak with you personally.

Scott Allen, E.A. – Tax Debt Advisors, Inc