Written by Scott Allen

Is a Phoenix Arizona IRS Tax Attorney the only choice there is for an IRS Tax Specialist?

Except in criminal cases, IRS tax specialists do not need to be a Phoenix AZ IRS Tax Attorney.  In fact using a Phoenix AZ Tax Attorney for your IRS problem would be like going to a brain cancer specialist for a sore throat.  Generally speaking, when a Phoenix Arizona IRS Tax Attorney advertises that they do IRS work, they are really saying they do not have enough legal work to keep themselves busy.  If a brain cancer specialist advertises that they do family practice work, wouldn’t you wonder if you were going to be over charged for the same services as a family practice physician?  The same applies to IRS Tax Attorneys in Phoenix AZ advertising IRS resolution services.

Scott Allen E.A. is licensed in all 50 states to represent taxpayers before the IRS.  An Arizona IRS Tax Attorney is only licensed as an attorney within the state he has passed a bar exam.  Scott Allen will represent you at the highest level in getting you the settlement that is best for you—at a fee you can afford.  Don’t be fooled by all the tax attorney hype on top of the intimidation that you will regret not using a tax attorney in Phoenix AZ.  It’s simply not true.  Call Scott Allen E.A. at 480-926-9300 for a free consultation today.


Written by Scott Allen

Phoenix AZ IRS Help: I have received an Innocent Spouse Preliminary Determination Letter?

This is not a legal matter and you do not need to hire a Phoenix AZ IRS Tax Attorney.  This notice gives you 30 days to appeal the IRS decision to turn down your request for innocent spouse relief.  Once you know that the IRS has turned down your petition, you usually have a pretty good idea as to the reasons why.  Now is the time to work with an IRS representative like Scott Allen E. A. who can prepare arguments in your favor and file an appeal.  If the letter is responding favorably there is no need to contact Scott.  Scott Allen E.A. is available for a free consultation on your determination letter.  Contact Scott at 480-926-9300 and compare his services to any Phoenix Arizona IRS Tax Attorney today!

Thank you.


Written by Scott Allen

I have Unemployment Tax Problems: Phoenix AZ IRS Tax Attorney?

No, unemployment tax problems are not a legal matter.  Every Phoenix self-employed business is required to pay unemployment taxes to their state and the federal government.  These taxes go towards paying for unemployment benefits should you have to lay off an employee.  The taxes paid to the federal government are known as Federal Unemployment Taxes or FUTA, and your state unemployment taxes are known as SUTA.

There are severe penalties and interest if these taxes are not paid on time.  If you have missed deadlines in paying these taxes, you should immediately consult with an IRS unemployment tax specialist.  Scott Allen E.A. has the expertise to work out payment arrangements with your state or the IRS is you have gotten behind on paying your unemployment taxes.  If you have not used a payroll service to help keep you current, it is best to use one as payroll taxes and unemployment taxes rules are difficult for new business owners to become familiar with while operating their day to day activities.  If you need a free consultation regarding your unemployment taxes, contact Scott Allen E.A. at 480-926-9300 instead of a Phoenix Arizona IRS Tax Attorney.

Thanks !


Written by Scott Allen

Is a Phoenix AZ IRS Tax Attorney needed for the Collection Appeals Program (CAP)?

No, you do not need a Phoenix Arizona IRS Tax Attorney to participate in the IRS Collection Appeals Program or CAP.  The CAP was set up to help taxpayers before or after the IRS files a Notice of Lien, before or after the IRS seizes or levies property, bank accounts or payroll checks, or if the IRS rejects or terminates your installment arrangement.

The IRS is required to allow you to have a hearing regarding your position with the Appeals Office.  The IRS cannot enforce collections action before giving you this right.  Your hearing with the Appeals Office is before an impartial person who has not previously been involved in your case.  This is not a legal matter and does not require an IRS Tax Attorney in Phoenix AZ.

Scott Allen E.A. has successfully negotiated settlements with the Appeals Office.  Options may include but are not limited to installment agreements, non-collectible status, offers in compromise, and innocent spouse status.  Call Scott today at 480-926-9300 and schedule a free consultation to see what options are available to you.



Written by Scott Allen

My IRS tax payment plan is too high: What are my options?

Do I Need a Phoenix AZ IRS Tax Attorney if I Cannot Afford My IRS Payment Plan?

Often times a taxpayer negotiates, on their own, a payment plan known as an IRS installment arrangement that is more than they can afford, or their income has gone down and they can no longer afford the agreed payment.  This is not a legal matter that requires a Phoenix Arizona IRS Tax Attorney.  Scott Allen E.A. has the expertise to get your IRS installment arrangement lowered or eliminated depending on your financial ability to pay.

Scott Allen E.A. is an Enrolled Agent qualified in all 50 states to renegotiate IRS payment plans.  Scott Allen E.A. is available for a free consultation at 480-926-9300 and can tell you what he is able to renegotiate for you after you provide him the financial information he requests.  Scott Allen, E.A. and Tax Debt Advisors, Inc. are not IRS Tax Attorneys in Phoenix AZ or a law firm.  We are a tax preparation company who specializes in negotiating IRS debts.


Written by Scott Allen

My Husband Left Me With IRS Tax Debt. Do I Need a Phoenix AZ IRS Tax Attorney?

Phoenix AZ IRS Tax Attorney or a licensed Enrolled Agent:

This situation is not a legal matter.  The most common removal of the IRS tax debt is to file for innocent spouse relief.  Many wives find out that they owe large amounts of money to the IRS after their divorce or the death of their husband.

Often times the husband has not reported income or taken deductions that are disallowed by the IRS.  As long as the income was attributable to the actions of the husband and the wife did not benefit financially from this action, she can be relieved of the tax debt.  In other words, if the wife has a new car and a nice home from the bogus actions of her husband, she has benefited from his action and the wife would need to either sell the home or trade in her vehicle for a lower cost one to qualify for injured spouse status.

If the wife has been divorced or living apart for the last 12 months, the wife has 2 years to elect to file as married filing separately.  This allows the wife to be taxed only on the money she earned and not the income that was not reported to the IRS.

Scott Allen E.A. can help you sort through your scenario to see if you qualify for this tax procedure.  He is available for a free consultation at 480-926-9300.  Scott is not a Phoenix AZ IRS Tax Attorney but rather a licensed Enrolled Agent here in Arizona.


Written by Scott Allen


An IRS Agent has contacted me

What should you do if an IRS agent shows up at your business, place of employment or your home.  The best thing to do is to tell the IRS Agent that you wish to consult a representative before proceeding any further.  If you ask this, the IRS must stop the interview immediately.  If the IRS agent does not allow you to have representation they are violating Internal Revenue Cope Section 7521 (b) (2) which says.

“If the taxpayer clearly states to an officer or employee of the Internal Revenue Service at any time during any interview (other than an interview initiated by an administrative summons issued under subchapter A of chapter 78) that the taxpayer wishes to consult with an attorney, certified public accountant, enrolled agent, or any other person permitted to represent the taxpayer before the Internal Revenue Service, such officer or employee shall suspend such interview regardless of whether the taxpayer may have answered one or more questions.”

Requesting representation does not make you look guilty.  In most cases the IRS representative will feel that you know your rights and that you are serious about following through.  In a nice way, it notifies the agent that you are not frightened by their efforts to catch with your guard down.  The agent will give you a card and a deadline to get back to them with your representative, who will need to file an IRS form 2848.

Your representation needs to contact the IRS as soon as possible to find out specifically what the IRS is seeking—filing back tax returns, pay back taxes, etc.  I can represent you before the IRS without you being present and in most cases that is the best way to work with the IRS.  In certain cases the IRS can issue a summons that requires you to be present whether or not you have a representative.

One final suggestion.  Never get mad or argumentative or issue any threats.  This is a signal to the Agent that you are not going to be cooperative and will make things harder for your representative and perhaps increase the extent of the work needed to get a settlement with the IRS. Schedule a free consultation to visit with Scott Allen EA so he can discuss your matter and give you good reliable advice. If you see fit, he can be your IRS power of attorney and represent you from start to finish.

Scott Allen E. A.

Tax Debt Advisors, Inc.


1 2